Sunday, February 27, 2011

Knitting isn't only for your grandma

I was wearing one of my knitted scarves the other day at a networking event.  One of my friends grabbed it and said "Where did you get this?"  I said with pride "I made it."

Her eyes popped wide open in disbelief.  You see, everyone knows me in the Dallas area as a hard working reporter.  I don't think there are many who know that deep, deep inside of me there is a "Martha Stewart" type woman just longing to craft 24/7. 

So back to my scarf.  My friend asked me where I learned to knit.  I learned from my mother, books and now when I need a refresher course I head to Youtube.

One of my favorites is Knit67.  What I like about her videos is that they are shot from the angle you will be looking at the knitting needles.  The camera is so close that there is no way you're going to miss a step.  It's not flashy or fancy---so there are no distractions. 


Knitting is a great way to relax while you create.  So now get some yarn, two needles and pull out your creativity.  

No comments:

Post a Comment