Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Mobile Organizer: Avoid buying duplicates of anything

Rubber Stamps
If I find a good rubber stamp on sale, I usually buy it. But I ran into a little problem a few years back.

Suddenly, I was buying duplicates and didn’t know it.

I know many of you rubber stampers and scrapbookers have your own tips on how to keep track of what stamps you have in your stash. I needed an inexpensive organizer.


So I bought a journal that was on sale at Target for 3 dollars.  I took each one of my stamps and stamped them into what I call my “mobile organizer.”

Mobile Organizer
I labeled each page with a category: plants, celebration, birthday, baby, etc. It’s basically the same way I keep them in my boxes at home.

It’s important to label everything.

Once I stamp the rubber stamp in my “mobile book” I put a small red dot on the side of the stamp. That lets me know the stamp has already been put in my "mobile organizer."


The great thing about my “mobile organizer” is that I can keep it in my car or take it with me when I know I’m going to hit a good sale at JoAnn Fabrics, Michaels , Hancock Fabrics and Hobby Lobby.

Now I no longer buy duplicate stamps.  It's also a nice book I can flip through for inspiration for my next project: scrapbook page or greeting card.

And guess what? I'm also saving money!

5 comments:

  1. I love this. TFS...Starfishscrapper

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a fantastic idea---how long did it take you? I feel like i might be stamping for weeks...but i definitely need to---i have so many duplicates by mistake! TFS :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Aparna I actually did it in stages. First I tackled my stamps. The I think the next weekend I did my scissors, and another weekend I did my punches. If you have to much like me--you have to spead out the wealth. But let me tell you---that book comes in handy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome idea.. I am struggling with the same issue,, Thanks to this great idea..Love it..love it..Take care and God bless

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a good idea, i did something similar years ago, i need to dig it out, since i have gotten back into the swing of things i have found myself buying duplicates.

    ReplyDelete