Sunday, September 2, 2012

Make a Halloween Card: Easy, Colorful, Spooky

Boo to You
This was a very easy Halloween card to make.  It actually took me an hour to make several, because I like to make duplicates at one time.
I set up my kitchen (where I craft) with everything listed below, and got busy.

 Here's what you'll need:
  • Blank card
  • Scrapbook paper: orange textured
  • Scrapbook paper with pattern that has some orange
  • Scrapbook paper: black
  • Stamp: Halloween theme (I used "Boo to You)
  • Black Sharpie marker
  • Punch: Small Spider
  • Rubber stamp:  Spider (Large would be best)
  • Rubber stamp: Spider web (can also be hand drawn)
  • Glue 
  • Scissors
You can probably look at my card and figure out how to make it, because it's that easy. 

First, I took a blank card, outlined enough orange textured paper and glued it on top of the blank card. 

I stamped "boo to you" with black ink on a creme colored piece of scrap paper.  Yes, keep those scraps.
I cut it in a rectangle shape, and then glued it to another piece of leftover scrapbook paper with a pattern.  As you can see mine is black with some orange dots. I cut around the "boo to you" shape, eye balling it to leave a little border.  Done.

Next, I glued the "boo to you" rectangle on the card.  Anywhere is fine.  

I took my big "spider" rubber stamp, use black ink and  randomly stamped on the card. Only two times, because you don't want the card to look cluttered.  One was stamped partially on the "boo to you."  

More card ideas!
With sharpie marker in hand, I added some dashes to make it look like the spider's traveled route.  I then took my small "spider" punch  and punched out a few small spiders from a piece of leftover black scrapbook paper.  I punched out several for future projects. 

The "spider web" in the corner is actually party glitter, the kind you throw on a table to decorate.  If I had to do it again I would use a rubber stamp and stamp a spider web or draw my own.

There you have it.  A Halloween card worth giving away in a package of cards or one to send out to a friend or family member just in time for Halloween. 

Until next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment