Friday, March 15, 2013

The Unexpected Jewelry Organizer, Easy to Make

I have a girlfriend who has boxes lined with velvet. That's where she keeps some of her jewelry. My mother-in-law had a big cabinet with a bunch of drawers for bracelets and rings. It also had a side panel where she could hang her necklaces. My father-in-law says the wooden cabinet cost him $200.

Most of you know, I don't like paying very much for anything. And if I can make it for nothing--even better. I was browsing the web when I found some creative ways other people have been organizing their jewelry.

Most of this stuff can be found in your garage or kitchen.

Run to the garage and find that old rake.  I have no clue who created the rake organizer in the photo to the left, but you can see--it's simple to make.

We found this bulletin board (below) on CreativePotential.net where Pam Vale took a simple bulletin board and made it a piece of art.  You can probably buy a padded board at your local craft store or pad a cork board yourself.



The Shopping Duck has another easy idea. How about making a jewelry organizer from a wire cube storage piece.  You can probably make a bunch of them and really dress them up.



Now do your Spring cleaning and before you toss anything away--give it a second look and see if it can have a second life as a jewelry organizer.  Please feel free to share it with us.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment