Tuesday, December 31, 2013

"Sew Me" Project was a success in 2013. So let's do it again!


I did it!

I told you I was going to sew all my clothes in 2013, and not buy anything new.

I did it!

I made two pairs of pants, two skirts, 10 knit tops and eight dresses. I'm sure I saved a lot of money, but I really don't know how much. I used a lot of fabric that I had stashed away.


Let me just say my husband is very happy with me. Full disclosure, he did buy me a purple dress for a conference. He had to take it back because he got me the wrong size. Once he got me the right size I had to bring down the hem. I little too short for my taste.

I did buy under clothing. No way would I attempt attempt to make a bra.  I visited department stores to see the trends and get ideas.  But I stuck to my promise and feel good about what I accomplished.

And it did feel good to tell people "I made this" when they paid me a compliment on my dress or top.

So I have decided that I will continue sewing my own clothes for 2014. This also includes me re- purposing clothes.  I will visit thrift stores and make something out of an outfit getting a second life.

Try it! It's fun and it really pushes you to become creative. I finally had dresses that were  the perfect fit for my body. I'm one size on top and another on the bottom.

I'll  keep you posted.

Join us on our Facebook page: The Best Crafters

Happy Crafting!


Rebecca


No comments:

Post a Comment