Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015: Create, Craft and Share

I don't have a long list of resolutions for 2015. What I do have planned for this year is to create and craft more and share my knowledge along the way. I'm sure some of you know that occasionally I post videos on YouTube on how to make different projects. I hope to put more on YouTube and short videos on Instagram.

I'm about sharing and paying it forward. A woman wrote me and told me she was a single mom. She sold a bunch of wreaths that she learned two make from my sandwich bag wreath video on YouTube. That gave me a great feeling, because I was able to empower, inspire and help a mother put food on the table.

So here's my idea for all of you out there who know how to craft. If you sew, decoupage, scrapbook, crochet, upcycle, recycle, make jewelry or anything else you can think of, share it!  Even some of you who sell on Etsy or other websites. I know you sell to make money and to pay the bills;  but why not think outside the box? Why not pay it forward and share your talent. Just think maybe you'll be helping someone on the other side of the world, a total stranger. Maybe you'll be helping that one person put food on the table.



When you think about it, doesn't crafting make you feel good, take the stress away or make you feel like you have accomplished something in life. It does for me.  Remember if you pay it forward it comes back tenfold. It has for me.

SHARE IT
  • Write a blog.  I post my stuff and that of other crafters on this blog. Create your own blog.
  • Share blogs of different crafters. I do this on this blog and on the Best Crafters Facebook. 
  • Share someone else's idea. I post things I like on the Best Crafters Facebook page too.
  • Shoot a 20 second Instagram video with a quick tip.
  • Shoot a YouTube video. You can use a camera even your smartphone and post straight to Youtube. Here's a short one I shot on my phone and posted right on YouTube.




I figure God gave me my talents. I might as well share them and keep the crafting world alive!

Happy 2015 and happy crafting!

Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment